To create a MySQL database which uses the utf8 character set:
- Create a new database:
- Open <TeamCity data directory>/config/database.properties, and add the characterEncoding property:
To change the character set of an existing MySQL database to utf8:
- Shut the TeamCity server down.
- Being in the TeamCity bin directory, export the database using the maintainDB tool:
(more details about backup are here)
- Create a new database with utf8 as the default character set, as described above.
- Modify the <TeamCity data directory>/config/database.properties file --- change connectionUrl property to:
- Import data the new database:
- Start the TeamCity server up