The TeamCity addin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 provides the following features:
- Remote Run (TFS, Subversion, Perforce),
- Pre-Tested (Delayed) Commit (TFS, Subversion, Perforce),
- applying changes sent in Remote Run or Pre-tested commit to the working directory,
- navigation to build results,
- viewing failed NUnit/TFS unit test stack traces,
- viewing the results of the integration of your changes into the project code base,
- re-runing tests failed in the TeamCity build locally (requires ReSharper 5.0 installed),
- shelving changes using VCS built-in abilities,
- viewing pending build in MyChanges tool window .
Features new in TeamCity 6.0 are marked with .
For detailed instructions on how to use the addin, refer to the TeamCity Help section, embedded in Microsoft Visual Studio's Help System.
|To enable navigation to the failed NUnit/MSTest unit tests in Visual Studio by using "open in IDE" actions in the web UI, make sure that .pdb file generation for the assemblies involved in NUnit/MSTest unit tests is switched on in current Visual Studio project.|
Installing the Addin
Download the addin available in the TeamCity Tools section of the My Settings&Tools page (to open the page click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of the TeamCity web UI and select My Settings&Tools) and follow the installation wizard.
Please, close all running instances of Visual Studio before starting addin installation (initial or upgrade).
|If you try to access TeamCity server from Visual Studio Addin using HTTPS and get Server not found error message, make sure you have certificate installed and it's valid. For more details, please refer to Using HTTPS to access TeamCity server.|
- The TeamCity addin for Microsoft Visual Studio requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010.
- To use the Remote Run and Pre-Tested (Delayed) Commit features with TFS, Team Explorer must be installed. Please refer to MSDN documentation for information for details on installing Team Explorer.
- To use the remote run and Pre-tested (delayed) commit features with Subversion, use the Subversion command-line client version 1.4.0 or later.