Installing the TeamCity Plugin for Eclipse
|TeamCity supports Subclipse 1.2.x and 1.4.x versions.|
Make sure you have Subclipse plugin installed before installing TeamCity plugin. Otherwise, on installing Subclipse after TeamCity plugin, you may experience an "Unable to create view: org/tigris/subversion/subclipse/core/IResourceStateChangeListener" error.
If you get this error, restart Eclipse using a "-clean" command-line option to avoid the error.
- Subclipse plugin: The current version of the Eclipse plugin only supports Remote Run and Pre-tested Commit for the Subversion Version Control System. You need to have Subclipse installed in Eclipse. Please refer to the Eclipse plugin installation procedure for Subclipse plugin at http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html.
- JDK 1.5: Eclipse must be run under JDK 1.5 for the TeamCity plugin to work.
To install the TeamCity plugin for Eclipse:
- Navigate to the My Settings and Tools page in the TeamCity UI and locate the TeamCity Tools section.
- Under Eclipse plugin header, copy the update site link URL. For example, in Internet Explorer you can right-click the link and choose Copy shortcut on the context menu.
- In Eclipse, choose Help | Software Updates | Find and Install on the main menu. The Install Feature Updates dialog appears.
- Select the Search for new features to install option and click next.
- Click the New Remote Site button.
- Enter a name (for example TeamCity Plugin), paste the URL copied above (http://<your TeamCity Server address>/update/eclipse/) into the URL field of the new update site in Eclipse, and click OK.
- Click Finish and follow the installation instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to work with the plugin, refer to the TeamCity section of Eclipse's help system.