Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Installation Notes for ReSharper 4.5
- Exit all running Visual Studio instances.
- Run the ReSharper 4.5 setup.
The single setup file installs R# Full, C# or VB.Net edition for Visual Studio 2005, 2008, or both.
- Launch Visual Studio.
- Develop with pleasure!
Advanced installation options:
- Experimental Visual Studio Hives
To install ReSharper 4 into an experimental Visual Studio hive, perform the following steps:
- Get the ReSharper binaries of the build you want to register into the experimental hive by running the regular installation. If you do not want to install R# for any of the main hives, uncheck all of the Visual Studio integration checkboxes. This will produce the needed set of binaries and omit any per-VS-version integration steps.
- Register the R# binaries for the desired Visual Studio hive with the
JetBrains.VSIntegration.Install.InstallExperimentalHive build task from the
JetBrains.Platform.ReSharper.VSIntegration assembly. For an example task usage, see the attached
- Note that the hive must already exist and that
devenv /Setup for the appropriate
/RootSuffix must be run manually.
- Side-by-Side ReSharper Installations
You may want to install more than one R# instance on the same machine, but for different Visual Studio hives. Check for the upgrade options in the Advanced installation scenario.
- Installation Logs
The installation logs are very useful for diagnosing installation problems. The logs can be collected with an installer command line switch:
msiexec /i ReSharperSetup.msi /Log Install.log
- Installation Directory
If you're installing more than one ReSharper side-by-side, make sure you specify a different installation location for each of the instances. This can be selected in the installation wizard, or specified in the
INSTALLDIR installer property. Also, the installer will try to pick a unique directory on its own.