Action is a command executed by user in the specific context. Action can be available or not available in the context. Presentation of the action (text, icon, checked state, visibility) may depend on the context.
Action should have associated handler, which processes requests to update action for the context and execute an action. One handler can handle multiply actions, thought it is not common case.
Actions can be created either dynamically by using ActionManager shell component, or in a declarative way by providing XML file in plugin assembly resources.
JetBrains.ReSharper.ActionManagement.dll – provides interfaces and attributes for actions
JetBrains.ReSharper.IDECore.dll – provides constants and types specific to ReSharper environment
JetBrains.ReSharper.Util.dll – contains utility classes used throughout the project
Examples below using ISolution, which requires referencing one more assembly:
JetBrains.ReSharper.ProjectModel.dll – contains types and components exposing project model, i.e. solution, projects and files
- Create embedded resource file actions.xml (or any other name you want)
- Specify actions and their locations
- Add assembly attribute to point to file containing actions. Value of the attribute will be used in call to Assembly.GetManifestResourceStream()
- Create action handler by deriving class from IActionHandler and decorating with ActionHandler attribute. Parameter of ActionHandlerAttribute specifies id of the action it is going to handle.
- Implement IActionHandler interface
To be described