IntelliJ IDEA supports JRuby for running Ruby applications, with with cross-resolution of classes between Ruby and Java
IntelliJ IDEA provides intelligent code completion for Ruby language, which includes:
- Automatic completion of built-in methods
- Smart Ruby statements completion
- Completion and automatic resolution in require and load calls
IntelliJ IDEA provides automatic Ruby code syntax and error highlighting for statements, keywords, commetns and other language elements.
IntelliJ IDEA supports automatic Ruby code styling, with brace matching and folding, custom formatting, indentation and TODO marks.
IntelliJ IDEA performs on-the-fly code analysis and offers one-click quick-fixes for spotted problems.
Various Ruby-aware Intention Actions are available for transforming the source code.
With IntelliJ IDEA you can navigate your Ruby projects in a variety of ways, view and examine documentation, method parameters, context info, etc.
- Ruby-aware structure view, quick structure popup
- Go to Ruby class, file, symbol and declaration actions
- Quick declaration view, context and method parameter info
- Ruby code documentation lookup with hyperlinks and navigation
- Quick overriding of classes, modules and methods with active navigation gutters
- Ruby code usage search for local variables, method parameters, class fields and constants
IntelliJ IDEA features the rich set of Ruby-aware refactorings, all ready to help you transform your project code quickly and efficiently:
- Rename refactoring (for classes, methods, variables, constants, method params etc)
- Introduce variable
- Override method
IntelliJ IDEA supports unit testing for Ruby projects, with:
- Quick tests launching for a specified method, class or set of tests
- Support for RSpec and Test::Unit frameworks
IntelliJ IDEA lets you quickly run your scripts through dedicated configuration, plus supports shortcuts for Rake tasks, generators, RSpec, etc
- Stack trace analysis with one-click Ruby code navigation
- More than 50 Ruby and RSpec live templates
- Plugin page with plugin version, build and useful links in setting
to the top
It also provides automatic RHTML code styling and formatting, with braces and syntax highlighting and various RHTML-aware code inspections and quick-fixes.
IntelliJ IDEA features the smart Rails project navigation with dedicated structure views, one-click switching between views and controllers and quick context menus for calling Rake tasks.
- Dedicated Rails run configurations with support for standard Rails servers (WEBrick, Mongrel, etc)
- Automated generation of Rails skeleton applications
- Advanced tools for developing Rails generators, models, etc
- Quick insert action in action controller