Make sure JetBrains Chrome Extension is installed. If it is not, please install it to your browser.
Turn on assets debug. File config/environments/development.rb should have property "config.assets.debug" set to "true"
1. Turn On Source Maps Generation
Add the following line to a Gemfile:
2. Create CoffeeScript Debug Run Configuration
For the configuration created add the following settings:
- specify URL you're running your app at;
- change a browser type to "Chrome";
- provide the mapping to an assets directory.
3. Connect to Chrome
Run your application and make sure the URL specified in the settings works without errors.
Run CoffeeScript debug configuration and make sure there is a yellow bar with the text "JetBrains IDE Support is debugging this tab." on the top of the page you are working with:
To disconnect the debugging session you should close the yellow bar.
4. Debug Your Code
Go to a .coffee file and put a breakpoint. Now you can start debugging: