|This tutorial explains how to install Zend Debugger extension to your web server and prepare it to be used for debugging with PhpStorm IDE.|
- Download the Zend Debugger package which corresponds to your operating system from http://www.zend.com/en/products/studio/downloads.
- Locate the ZendDebugger.so (Linux, Mac OS X) or ZendDebugger.dll (Windows) file in the directory which corresponds to your version of PHP (e.g. 4.4.x, 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.2.x, 5.3.x).
- Copy the file to your Web server in a location that is accessible by the Web server.
- Add the following lines at the end of your php.ini file:
The value of the 'zend_debugger.allow_hosts' parameter is the IPs of your machine to connect to the server debugger. It could be a comma-separated list of IPs in the format X.X.X.X (e.g. 192.168.0.6). You can also use a net mask to denote 'wild card' IP addresses(e.g. 192.168.2.0/24 would include all IP addresses with the prefix 192.168.2) For a thread-safe Windows binary use the 'zend_extension_ts' parameter instead of 'zend_extension'.
- Restart your Web server.
- Check your installation:
- Create a file with the following content:
- Open a page corresponds to this file and check phpinfo() output. It should contain Zend Debugger section:
You can find more detailed instruction in the official installation guide.