Resharper 5.x (release) and dotTrace 3.1 (release) are installed.
- Download a recent PowerToy package from http://resharperpowertoys.codeplex.com/
- Extract the source code and open solution (preferably in VS 2008.)
- Find project called "dotTrace 3.1".
- Open project references. You will see a bunch of missing references.
- Add JetBrains.dotTrace.Api.dll from your dotTrace 3.1 installation (the default installation directory is C:\Program Files\JetBrains\dotTrace 3.1)
- Add other references from your ReSharper installation (the default installation directory is C:\Program Files\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.x\Bin)
- Build the project.
- Go to Resharper directory (C:\Program Files\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.x\Bin) and create a new directory called plugins.
- Inside the plugins directory, create a new subdirectory called dotTrace3.1.
- Copy dotTrace31.dll built in step 7 to the dotTrace3.1 directory.
- Copy JetBrains.dotTrace.Api.dll from your dotTrace 3.1 installation to the dotTrace3.1 directory.
- Start (or restart) Visual Studio. Choose Resharper | Plugins. Resharper powertoy: dotTrace 3.1 should appear in the list of plug-ins.
You can now use the Profile with dotTrace 3.1 command in the list of Unit Test Runner commands.