JetBrains License Server is a web application that enables license administration across a single network.
License Server serves as a central point for distribution of licenses among multiple users and client machines in a network environment. It supports the following JetBrains products:
- IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 or higher (only Commercial licenses). (A License Server-compatible build of IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 is available upon request.)
- ReSharper 3.1 or higher (only Commercial licenses).
- dotTrace 3.1 or higher (only Floating licenses).
- RubyMine 1.0 or higher.
- PyCharm 1.0 or higher.
You can have earlier versions of these products in your network, but you can't manage them using License Server.
License Server issues and revokes license tickets to/from network clients based on properties of license keys that are provided by JetBrains after purchase. License Server supports two types of license keys:
- Single-user license key that allows a customer to access a product by a specific number of concurrent users corresponding with the number of purchased license keys run by the License Server.
- Multi-user license key that allows a customer to access a product by unlimited number of concurrent users pursuant to a separate license agreement with JetBrains. The agreement implies regular monitoring of the concurrent product usage and providing quarterly usage reports to JetBrains for the purpose of license "true-up".
If you have obtained a number of single-user license keys, you can download License Server and start using it right away, without requesting additional access permissions.
If you are interested in a multi-user license key, please contact sales for information on licensing terms.
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)/Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 or higher installed in any of the following operating systems:
- Windows® (2000, NT 4.0 or higher, XP or Win7).
- Linux/UNIX-based OS.
- Macintosh OSX™.
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, Safari 3.0+ or Google Chrome for accessing the License Server control panel.
License Server comes with embedded Apache Derby database. However, you can configure License Server to work with an external database (MySQL or Sybase ASE.) See Using External Database for guidelines.
Current build number: 313
- Download standalone WAR file (for deploying in an existing Apache Tomcat installation.)
- Download with bundled Tomcat (32 bit)
- Download with bundled Tomcat (64 bit)
- Installing License Server
- Upgrading License Server
- License Server User Guide (recently updated: includes guidelines on developing custom verification plug-ins for License Server)
- License Server User Guide (older version as PDF)
- Common Administration Tasks
|313||Supported opensource and academic licenses for IntelliJ IDEA based products; fixed too strict parameter validation for the license requests from older builds of supported producs|
|309||Supported subscription licenses for IntelliJ IDEA based products|
|294||Ability to clear all licenses for particular product with a single click|
|293||Corrected handling of OptimisticLock exceptions; Before issuing a permanent ticket to a client, revoke all tickets already issued to this client|
|290||Added support for dotMemory profiler; Additional heuristic for DNS suffixes detection|
|288||Fixed DB-level deadlock issue between concurrent transactions|
|286||Show ticket's edition in 'Floating Tickets' page|
|285||Fix date decoding for dotNet products subscription licenses|
|284||Fixed NPE in ticket calculation procedure|
|282||AppCode product supported|
|269||Subscription licenses for dotCover supported; bundled Tomcat version upgraded to version 6.0.33; added 64-bit Tomcat distribution|
|260||Fixed bug in Java API: two connections were opened by a client connection to the server|
|257||Fixed "multiple licenses issued for the same user" problem in environments where older and newer versions of products and licenses co-exist in the same LS instance|
|253||Eliminated dependency on Sun/Oracle-specific libraries that may be missing from alternative JDKs (e.g. IBM JSDK)|
|251||Fixed license validation problem: some 'client' licenses were treated as 'server'-type licenses|
|250||Key column migration fixes for Sybase ASE database|
|247||Enlarge license key column|
|245||Add support for dotCover and PyCharm|
|232||Bugfixes (dotTrace license compatibility)|
|231||Add WebStorm and PhpStorm plugins|
|216||Fix RubyMine (and subscription-based licenses) support|
|205||Fix problem with obfuscating|
|202||Custom authorization extension point added. See Extending License Server to Use Custom Verification for details.|
|183||Bug fixes (ticket generation)|
|181||Bug fixes (IE7 compatibility) and ReSharper 3.0 license check|
|177|| Bug fixes and ReSharper 4.0 support
|173||Bug fixes and ReSharper 4.0 support|
|| Ticket history support
|160||Ability to configure "from" address|
|159||Displaying build number in page footer|
|154||License Server is compiled with JDK 1.5|
|148||ReSharper True-up keys support|
|147||Sybase DB support|
|146||Corrected smtp server name validation. DB schema improvements.|
|144||Critical db bug fixes|
|143||Added IE 7 compatibility|
|142||Corrected README text.|
|140||Fixed license page reload after adding new key. 'Delete' license key functionality.|